Hey Gleeks! The wait is over - GLEE IS BACK! This episode was amazing and had lots of great points in it so let’s jump right into the recap!
The episode begins with Finn working at his stepfather’s tire shop. Artie makes a visit to the shop to convince Finn to direct the school’s musical with him so Finn can feel inspired again. Finn agrees and the search for the best Grease cast begins! Mike Chang and Mercedes also agree to help with the musical as vocal coach and chorographer.
At first, Artie and Finn had Blaine in mind for their lead role of "Danny Zuko" but Blaine is too heart broken to take part in a musical all about love. The next option was Sam, but he was set on taking the role of "Kenickie." There were no other guys in the glee club that could do the role of Danny justice, so Finn took it upon himself to find a new talent. He went to the one place he knew he could find his guy: the football team. This is where we are introduced to the goofy slacker, Ryder Lynn (Blake Jenner).
Finn tells Ryder that glee club will help him excel in his classes and find himself. The two hit it off well immediately and it seems like Finn will be a mentor for Ryder.
Wade also wants to be a part of the show but the only problem is that he wants to be casted as a female character, “Rizzo.” Wade transforms into Unique and works with Marley to do an awesome audition. The judges seem to like him for the role of Rizzo but Sue Sylvester is completely against this. The satanic cheer coach warns everyone that she will do everything in her power to stop this from happening. Finn stands his ground against coach Sylvester but he says some harsh things. He calls Sylvester’s child the “R” word!
Sue backs off the show for now and I’m not really sure if Finn apologized properly yet but maybe that will be in the next episode.
Ryder and Marley also become acquainted with each other since they’re both in talks of being the leads for the play. This brings out the jealousy side in Jake and he decides to work together with Kitty to make sure Ryder and/or Marley don’t get the part. Kitty and Jake do a great audition which makes it hard for the judges to decide who should be the leads. The Judges decide to hold another audition for both Ryder and Marley and Jake and Kitty by seeing who had the best chemistry. In the end, Ryder and Marley are chosen to be Danny and Sandy.
I can’t wait to see the Grease episode. It looks like it will be another great one. This season of Glee has been so amazing so far and I’m so happy it’s finally back on. My Thursdays are awesome again.
1. Will and Emma agree to be in a long distance relationship and marry when Will returns from Washington.
2. Will appoints Finn as the glee club director while he’s gone.
3. Tina and Mike aren’t on good terms. She won’t even audition for the musical since he’s a part of it.
4. A HUGE congratulations to Blake Jenner. He definitely proved that he was the right choice for Glee. I automatically fell in love with his character and I cannot wait to see more of him.
5. The scene where Wade explains to Finn how he’s never felt like he fitted in in any place other than the stage was touching. It really gave a glimpse on how transgender individuals feel on a daily basis. I love how Glee isn’t afraid to show different types of people. This show really breaks boundaries.
6. How the hell do Mercedes and Mike have time for this? Aren’t they in school? I’m happy to see them again though.
1. Finn and Ryder singing “Juke Box Hero” by Foreigner was great. I don’t (and I never will) like that song but it showcased Ryder’s star quality which was great.
2. Kitty and Jake singing “Everybody Talks” by Neon Trees was nice too. I think this is the first time Kitty sang and she has a pretty nice voice.
3. Unique and Marley did an awesome cover of “Blow Me” by P!nk. I love love LOVED it. It was so good.
Would you have chosen Ryder/Marley as Danny and Sandy or Jake/Kitty? What was your favorite moment from the episode?