Hey Gleeks! This week’s episode of Glee was HEART WRENCHING! I couldn’t handle it!
In the beginning of the episode, Finn and Rachel haven’t discussed anything about her date with Brody. We also find out that Finn has been discharged from the army for accidently shooting himself in leg. This was a very embarrassing moment for him so he decided to keep this a secret; hence the reason why he hasn’t contacted Rachel in 4 months. At first Rachel understands and encourages Finn to apply for NYADA. But after spending a few days with Rachel, he realizes that things have changed and they are both in different worlds.
Blaine also visits the city to see his beloved boyfriend Kurt. Rachel and Kurt then decide to bring Finn and Blaine to a bar called “Callbacks.” What a unique name *insert sarcasm*. At the bar, Finn tells Rachel to sing karaoke with Brody since his singing voice is rusty. But Finn isn’t happy with their performance. Rachel and Brody were bursting with chemistry on stage and Finn saw it. Blaine also sings “Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry and dedicates the song to Kurt. This scene was so touching. Darren Criss was actually singing in the scene and without auto tune. It was so raw and real. He was crying during the song and Kurt (and me) was touched by it.
After that, the two couples take a walk in the park and this is where things take a turn for the worse. Rachel reveals to Finn that she and Brody had feelings for each other and kissed! Blaine also confesses to Kurt that he cheated on Kurt with a guy named Eli C!
Kurt stops speaking to Blaine and Finn leaves NYC and heads back to McKinley to speak with his Mentor, Mr. Shue. Rachel also flies to Ohio to find Finn and tell him to man up. She says she’s fed up with the way he runs away from things instead of dealing with it head on. Rachel tells Finn she loves him and that he is her first love and that she wants him to be her last love…but not right now. So she breaks up with Finn!
Another couple also breaks up: Brittana!!!! Brittany confesses to Santana that she’s been feeling alone ever since Santana left for college. Santana feels bad about this but she knows that she cannot do anything about it. Santana also admits that she's flirted with a lesbian girl in her school's library. Who are you, lesbian library girl!? Go away!
She ends up breaking up with Brittany because the long distance was ruining their relationship. This scene was so heart breaking!
The episode ends with an awesome performance by all the couples singing “The Scientist” by Coldplay. Then a montage of Finchel, Brittana, Klaine, and Wemma was shown throughout the performance which made this scene even sadder. I couldn’t deal! Here’s a picture of me and my friend William making the same exact reaction during this scene. This was NOT planned!
This is why we’re friends.
Overall, this episode was fantastic! The acting blew me away. This was probably Lea Michele’s best performance. I felt her anger and sadness when she was talking to Finn towards the end of the episode. It was so good! I really cannot wait to see what happens to all the broken up couples. I also can’t wait to see the next episode because Mercedes, Mike Chang, and The Glee Project winner Blake Jenner (Ryder) make an appearance. I heard that this episode won’t air until November 8th. I hope this is not true. Is it true?! But anyway, great episode!
1. Will gets into the blue panel but the new job requires him to move to Washington and Emma is not with it.
2. Marley and Jake’s relationship really blossoms. He even breaks up with Kitty for Marley!
3. Quinn Kitty is now president of the Christian club called the “Left Behind Club” where they act out the rapture.
4. Why the hell is Joe Hart still a character? He hasn’t had one line since the show started!
5. I also have a confession to make: I’VE ALWAYS HATED BLAINE! I don’t know, his character was always so boring to me but this episode made me LOVE him! He finally has flaws and he’s not so perfect. I can’t wait to see what happens next!
1. Brody and Rachel did an awesome rendition of “Give Your Heart A Break” by Demi Lovato and I loved it. Their voices work so well together.
2. Santana singing “Mine” by Taylor Swift was amazing!! I love Naya Rivera’s voice. I can listen to her sing forever. I really liked how her voice fit the song perfectly. I love Taylor Swift’s lyrics but I always hate her songs because he voice annoys me. I probably pissed off so many Taylor Swift fans by saying that but whatever.
Which breakup are you most upset about?